Friday, February 18, 2011

All Time Favorite Play-Dough Recipe!

At some point I said I would post my very favorite homemade play-dough recipe.  Since I just have the recipe written down, I don't remember where I got this recipe from, but I've used it many times over the past ten years!  (This is the recipe that got me started on adding olive oil to ALL the play- dough recipes!)

Here's the recipe:

Water - 2 cups
Olive Oil -3 Tablespoons
Food Coloring
Flour -2 cups
Salt- 1 cup
Alum (a preservative sold with spices)- 2 Tablespoons

In a saucepan, bring water to boil.  Add food coloring and olive oil.  Remove from heat and add flour, salt and alum.  Mix well.  Knead the dough when the mixture cools a bit.  Add flour as needed.  Should last up to 3 months if sealed and not allowed to dry.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks I was wanting a new one. So glad I stumbled upon you from NTFF's linky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becky- thanks for stopping by! I think you'll really like this playdough recipe...it's definitely the best one I've found (and lasts the longest)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks. I will give this a try. I am familiar with all kinds of play doughs. Will share real soon.

    ReplyDelete

Grab the "How Long is this Hall" Button!

HowLongisthishall?!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts